Children love learning magic tricks. I can always tell when a new magic trick is being passed around at school because a handful of excited children will all show me the trick on the same day! Why not capture that magic and excitement by offering up a Magic Club?
Here are some ideas:
1) The Bubble Game, from Creative Kids at Home
What child would not want to be encased in a giant bubble? (ok even as an adult I would want to do this.) Really adorable idea!!! And very doable in the after school setting.
Supplies needed: bubble solution, hula hoop, small stool, & hula hoop
2) Learn Magic tricks– Here is a link to activity village with some great magic trick videos.
- Use the wax crayon to write secret messages on white paper.
- Use watercolor paint to reveal the secret message ~ like magic!
Supplies needed: clear wax crayons from Easter Egg Kits, white paper, watercolors, paintbrushes.
4) Special Event- Have a special visitor “magician” put on a Magic Show or demonstration for the students.
Hope you have a bippity boppity magically teriffic time with your magic club!