Ever wanted to start a Scrapbooking Club with the kids at your center but worried that all the scrapbooking materials you need to buy would break your budget? Not to worry, you may be suprised that most materials needed you may already have on hand.
- Folders (preferably with brads)
- 9×12 colored paper, const. paper or cardstock
- Glue sticks
- Crazy cut scissors and regular scissors
- pictures and/or disposable cameras
- Clear Page Protectors
Step One: Pictures, pictures and more pictures.
1) It’s neat to provide a few disposable cameras for the children and take them around your center to take fun shots. Some fun ideas I’ve used:
- Jumping Shots
- Playground Shots
- Silly Poses
- Head Circle Pose (Lie in the grass, heads in a circle, picture taken from above)
- You may also wish to find unique photos ops at your school.
2) Look around the center for photos you keep on hand from special events of parties and include them.
3) Encourage children to bring photos from home to make an About Me Page.
Step 2: Decide if you will be making a group scrapbook or individual scrapbooks.
Step 3: Design your covers using markers, stickers, drawings, etc.
Step 4: Design your pages and Add Photos.
Show children how to use crinkle cut scissors to make backings/borders for their photos and pages. Perhaps show them sample pages to get them started.
Step 5: Have an adult help the children bind their scrapbooks.
Insert finished pages in page protectors and add them to folders.
Voila! You now have a finished homemade scrapbook that your children will be very proud of!