Summer time, summer time, M-O-U-S-E. Ok, so I just made that up. But what could be a better time to host a Disney Club than in the summer time. The possibilities are endless, and with the vast number of characters children are bound to have a disney character (or two or twenty!) that they love. Here’s some ideas to get started with your very own Disney Club!
Fuse Beads inspired by ‘A Bug’s Life’
Materials: Fuse Beads, Fuse Bead Boards, Ironing Paper, masking tape, Iron
Let the kids think of their favorite bugs and design them with fuse beads. Kids can make caterpillars, butterflies, bees, ladybugs, dragonflies, and more.
Fuse Bead Tips and Tricks (because I have been through my share of mishaps in the past!):
1) Use masking tape to make of a small square on the floor around the iron. Instruct the children to stay out of the taped area as it is “very hot”
2) Use one brand of fuse bead boards and beads ~ if you try to mix and match they may not iron properly or fit into the boards.
3) Allow plenty of time for this project ~ kids can get very involved in fuse bead craft for 45 minutes or more. Be sure to give plenty of advanced warning for the end of project time.
4) Have kids raise their hands when they have finished their project and have an adult bring it to the ironing area. This will help prevent kids from accidentally dropping their projects.
5) Be careful not to turn the iron on too high as this will melt their projects or too low or the project may fall apart. I find a medium-high setting works the best.
6) Make sure to place ironing paper on top of fuse beads before ironing and make sure to iron both sides.
BONUS ACTIVITY – If you would like to continue the Bug’s Life theme you can make ‘buggy edible dirt cups’ with gummy bugs/worms, pudding, and crushed oreos. Gross looking, yumminess.
Mickey or Minnie Mouse Headband Kits
This is a fabulous etsy find. You can purchase ready made craft kits or perhaps you may be inspired to create your own.
Disney dress up day and parade
Disney trivia games- You can look up you own fun facts online or find various disney trivia board/dvd games.
Hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt – cut up tiny mickey ears and hide them for a Disney inspired game of hide and seek. (Fun fact: Did you know there are mickey ears hidden inside Disneyland? Find out more about them here.)